Here is your clean eating grocery list! Now, throw out the junk and shop for healthy items to keep you slim and fit!
If you are trying to lose weight and need some direction in what to eat, this is for you! If you are trying to clean up your diet to feel better, this is for you! Print this Grocery List and put it up on your fridge. This list has ingredients and food items I personally buy to help me with my fitness goals.
XOXO Ashley Gabrielle
Goal: Cut out as many processed foods as possible to avoid foods with added sugars.
- Pinto beans
- Black beans
- Kidney Beans
Whole wheat and unbleached, not refined or enriched.
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat bread
- Whole wheat pita bread
Try to keep your dairy consumption to a minimum.
- Low fat or part skim cheese
- Feta cheese (Fat free)
- Reduced Fat Cream cheese
- Fat Free Cottage cheese (good source of protein)
- Non-Fat Greek yogurt (I like Chobani, BTW if the "Greek yogurt" has corn starch listed in the ingredients, it is not the real deal)
- *Plain Greek yougurt is also a good substitute for sour cream.
I don't eat any meat. BUT if you do, red meats are harder to digest and can increase chances of hypertension, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and obesity. This doesn't mean it will cause you to have health problems but it can increases the likelihood. If you want to consume red meat, go for it! Just eat the least processed meat (no hot dogs, etc.) and buy the meat with the lowest fat content.
- Chicken breast and Eggs
- Lean ground Turkey
- Fish (Salmon, Catfish, Tilapia, Tuna,etc. )
- Lean beef
(No soda, sports drinks, teas with added sugar, juices that have added ingredients and sugar)
- Tea (chai, green tea, chamomile, etc.)
- Almond milk or Flax Milk (unsweetened)
(To sweeten tea some people prefer Stevia which is a no calorie sweetener, agave nectar is another good option)
Not canned or pre-packaged, frozen is fine.
- Apples (applesauce is good too. make sure it is unsweetened)
- Oranges, Grapefruits, Tangerines, Clementines
- Lemons or limes
- lettuce- spring mixes, baby lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Bell peppers (every color!)
- Onion (white, red and green)
- Green beans
- Sweet potato
Seeds and Nuts:
- Almond butter
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Nut butters (almond and peanut butters)
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Salad dressing- Raspberry Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinaigrette or red wine vinegar (low fat, low sodium dressings) Red wine vinegar is a great option for salads if you like it and apple cider vinegar is delicious on fish.
- Mustard-I personally don't use mayo (high fat) or ketchup (high sodium) at all.
- Tomato sauce-low sodium and without all the seasoning and cheese. Buying your own plain, low sodium tomato sauce and seasoning it yourself is a good option.
- Garlic and onion seasonings (no salt)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder and fresh garlic
- sea salt
- Tapatio and or Saracha sauce
- Larabars, Cliff Bars, Quest Bars
- Wheat thins
- Salsa (fresh and or homemade)
- Corn chips
- Agave nectar, Coconut sugar
- Whole wheat flour
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened, for baking)
- vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Whey Protein (I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Isolate in mocha cappuccino)
*Tip: Read the labels, if you don't know what an ingredient is, leave it.